Monday, September 3, 2007

Good-bye, So-long, Farewell, Princess

Princess, in all her glory, August 2007

Okay, it's been exactly two weeks and I'm finally ready to post about it. Yes, Princess is now but a memory for me. Ryan and I made the decision to sell Princess on craigslist and it only took 3 days. For those of you who know me really well--you understand what a HUGE decision this was!! Princess was a cheap car to buy ($1,500) right after my mission and with only an additional $1,600 in mechanical work over the last seven years she turned out to be a solid investment. Our main reasons behind selling her were that we hardly ever drove her and she was increasingly more of a pain to drive than anything. Princess definitely was showing her age. At 152,000 miles and 17-years old she had been through a lot. On the other hand she definitely had a lot of life left in her, with a solid engine and transmission, she was ready to bless another's life.

A lady named Ruth, bought her for $600. On the day Ruth and I traveled to the DMV to change the title and registration over, Ruth commented on how she had been praying to find a car that would just get her from home to work and the store...and she knew Princess was the one. I felt so good to know that Princess would bless someone else's life! (Cheesy--I KNOW!) I committed the buyer, Ruth, to continue to call her Princess and explained she wouldn't respond to any other name. The only sad thing about her new mom, Ruth, is that she's a smoker and now Princess would become a smoker's car.

So goodbye, Princess. Here's to 7-years! RIP.

2 comments:

Lindy said...

Farewell, Princess.

Lori said...

Oh, sweet princess! May she live long and glimmer for always!