Thursday, August 7, 2008

Careese Gets a New "Do!"

Sweet Careese

Our niece, Careese, age 12, has been helping us throughout the summer with the arrival of Sydnei. She is such a gem and so much fun to be around! We've really enjoyed spending time with her and no doubt, Sofia has as well. Sofia calls her--her big sister and talks about growing up to be a big girl like Careese--when "she gets taller." Careese is funny and loves to learn new things. She really enjoys cooking and baking and so of course, I've been teaching her everything I know. :)

MaMa Thompson always gets her grandkids' haircut for the start of the new school year. Careese inherited the long, thick, gorgeous black hair of her Mom, Maria. It's to die for! There is so much she can do with her hair. I took her the other day to see Andrea (Sofia's hairstylist) and she chose to get layers. What resulted from her appointment was awesome. Careese went from kid to young woman and I couldn't be more proud! Since her appointment I've been teaching her the ropes of using a flat iron and some molding wax so that she can actually do her hair the way it's meant to be styled. She is picking up fast and looks awesome. Careese is headed to the 7th grade and young women's this Sunday and she is definitely ready to turn some heads. Here are some of the great pics from our silly niece, Careese. (That rhymed)!

"Miss Thang!"

"...um yeah, so like, anyways!"

"Check me out, you know I'm hot!"


We love you Careese!!!!

p.s. Lime Green is her FAVORITE color!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well thanks 4 showing every one my new do and i am really happy you care. At the fair yesterday my friend dani was so excited to see my hair and said WOW i love ur hair. Now all of my friends want hair like mine thanks so much 4 letting me spend time with u guys all week long it was a blast


Scidowsh

Love Careese

( go lime green)
p.s uncle ryan be prepared 4 the woshie finger HAH YA