I've been tagged many a' times and finally need to do this! Here goes:
10 Years ago:
I had just finished my first two years of college and moved back to Portland, Or, temporarily. There, I worked at the Warner Brothers Television station in Portland, Oregon as a National Sales assistant, the Portland Opera selling season tickets, and Lane Bryant for the holiday season. I had three jobs because I had decided 3 months earlier to serve a mission and needed to pull together some funds to go. I hung out a lot with my stellar friend, Michelle. We even worked at the Opera together and had a lot of fun laughing at our boss, Christopher HYink. I was getting pretty pumped for my 21st birthday only a few months away. Life was good and busy. I talked incessantly about where would I be sent on a mission. I had a standing date with my parents to watch Law & Order every week!
5 Things on my To-Do List today:
1. Make Pancakes for Sofia's First day of School/Take Sofia to School
2. Set up my new hot red Shuffle with some sweet workout playlists
3. Hit the gym
4. Play with my girls, read them a story, and teach Sofia a primary song.
5. Laundry, laundry, laundry...this is an eternal to-do list item.
5 Places I have lived:
1. Portland, OR
2. Houston, TX
3. Taragual, (a tiny town in Honduras)
4. East L.A., Californ-I-A
5. Salt Lake City, UT
5 Jobs I have had:
1. Grants and Contract Officer
2. President of a Non-Profit Organization/Chapter
3. Assistant Bank Manager
4. Admin Officer
5. Lifeguard/Swim Instructor
3 of My Bad Habits
2. Not going to sleep when I should.
3. Worrying about things I can't control. (Amy-this is one of the many areas we align :D )
Things I would do if I were suddenly a billionaire:
I'm not a materialistic person at all...so I wouldn't naturally go out and buy a bazillion new things. There are a few key items I'd happily use the money for: a new house, probably a bigger car, pay off student loans, I'd invest a lot, and help anyone in my family go to college. Oh, and we'd go on a sweet vacation touring Latin America...and then Europe!
Things people don't really know about me:
1. I fractured my hip doing the cabbage patch dance when I was 15. Yes, it is possible to do, I'm living proof!
2. I'm pretty self-conscious when I speak Spanish even though I'm fluent. (probably because Ryan speaks the language perfectly!...not really, I was this way before I met him. I guess I just hate the idea of speaking incorrectly)
3. I won Champion at the County Fair and then went onto "State" (Oregon State Fair that is) with an award-winning eggplant I grew when I was 10.
4. I can do long multiplication and fractions in my head pretty dang fast.
5. My favorite musician growing up was Kenny G and my favorite pop-star was Debbie Gibson.